What is Flip Cup?
Flip Cup will be the perfect game for your next party. Flip Cup is also called Tippy Cup or Flippy Cup. It’s much more fun to play this drinking game with a large group. This cup game will be a hit at your next gathering.
Flip Cup, while Beer Pong may be the most popular drinking game in the world, is probably the second-most-popular. Many people confuse the two games but they are completely different.
Here’s a closer look at the game of Flip Cup.
What you will need to play
- Solo cups (red plastic cup)
- Table (rectangular is best)
- Beer of Choice
What is the number of players required to play the Flip Cup Drinking Game ?
Flip Cup can be played with just two players. However, it is best to play the game as a relay race drinking competition. It is best to have six to ten people, which means three to five members per team. If you have an odd number of players, one person can play on both teams.
Aim of Flip cup Rules
This is a drinking and drinking game, similar to shrek drinking games. The main objective of Flip Cup is for you to drink all the beer from a cup before flipping it flat on the floor and moving onto the next one. Flip Cup is a fun game, whether you win or lose.
Flip Cup is a simple game to set up, but it can be a little time-consuming if you have a lot of players. It’s easy to set up a game of Flip Cup. First, you will need all the cups. Each player should get one cup.
Divide the people into two equal teams by filling each cup with equal amounts of beer or your favorite beverage. To begin the game, each person should stand before their cup of beer.
How to Play Flip Cups
1. Touch cups before play
Before starting the round, everyone at the table should “touch” cups with their opponent across the table. Be sure everyone has a partner at the table and is prepared to begin the round. Hold the cups up in the air to match everyone. Place all cups on a table and do not touch them until your turn.
2.To begin, shout “Go!”
Each team’s first player drinks as much beer from their cup as they can. When you’re the first person to finish drinking your beer, place the cup open-side up on the table so it hangs just a little bit off the edge. You cannot allow the next team member to drink until you have flipped your cup upside down in the air and placed it on the table.
3. Flip the cup
Tap the bottom of the cup with your finger, and it will flip in the air. Tap lightly so that the cup only rotates 180 degrees. The cup should land open-side down, squarely on your table. If it doesn’t, reset the cup on the edge and flip it again until it lands correctly. Tell the next person in line to drink once you have successfully flipped your glass.
- Flipping is a finesse act. It may take you many attempts to perfect your flip.
- No stabilizing the cup. One hand only can touch the cup.
- Remember, the other team won’t wait for you to flip your cup. It’s a relay. You may lose the race if it takes more than a couple of tries to flip – unless your opponent is taking their time too!
4. Continue to the next team until they have finished flipping and drinking
The team that finishes first wins. The cups must be arranged in a straight line on the table. Set the table exactly the same as the first round, then refill the cups and play again.
If both teams agree, the second-place team doesn’t have to finish their beer. Consider saving beer for the next game if you are playing more than one round.
How To Win
The player or team that is the first to empty their cups and flip them all wins. It is a fast-paced game that requires skill.
1. Tap gently: It is easier to have the cup land on the table if it does not rotate in the air. You should make the motion so gentle that the cup “tips” just over 180deg. The cup will land more wild if it rotates more. You can adjust your flipping movement. You can tap lightly if you feel that you are tapping too hard. If you feel that you are tapping too lightly, go a little harder.
2. Practice: Flip an empty cup at the edge of the desk before the game starts to calibrate your taping motion. When you’re not competing in a flip cup contest, flip cups by yourself when you can. This practice is not only a fun way to improve your hand-eye coordination, but it can also be used as a drinking game.
3. Keep the table as dry as possible: Water or beer spilled on the table can cause the cups to flip and land incorrectly. Before each round, wipe any spilled beverages with a towel.
4. Be Patient: Do not get frustrated if you do not flip the cup the first time. Find your center, take a deep breath, and slow down. If you flip with care and intention, it will be easier.
Flip cup Variations
You can play games like Flip Cup, but add a little twist to it to make it more interesting. Or you can just change the rules if you get bored of playing Flip Cup.
- Batavia Downs Flip Cup
In Flip Cup, players stand on opposite sides of the table and chug beer while flipping the cup. The game moves in a circular motion until two players are “lapped” or overlapped. This means that two players who are standing next to each other try to flip their cup over at the same time. The loser is the last person to try and flip their cup.
- 21 Cup
This version is similar to the original Flip Cup, but players do not stop playing when they have flipped the cup 21 times. The winning team then takes a member of the losing team who must flip more cups. The team with the most players wins the game
- Flip cup push
On Reddit, some people posted about a variant of the game Flip Cup known as Flip Cup Push. The cards in this game state the challenge that players must complete. Here are the rules for Flip Cup Push.
- The players stand in each end zone and place a shot glass in the middle of the mat.
- Flip fast and hard!
- Push the shot glass towards your opponent each time you strike the cup.
- The round is won by pushing the shot glass into the opponent’s end zone. The loser draws a Challenge or Drink card.
Some cards will tell you how long a person must drink to lose, while others give a challenge. Some cards will tell you to chug or if you are lucky, draw the ” golden ticket“, which forces everyone at the table to finish their drink.
Flip Cup has a few other rules that you should be aware of. First, you have to flip the cups. Check out the bullets below to learn how you can do this.
- Cups cannot be blown, manipulated or moved without touching them.
- Cups can only be handled with one finger.
You must drink another cup and reposition it if you see another player break this rule. If an empty cup is knocked down during the game then it will need to be refilled.
You will then need to flip it back into place before you can continue. Play carefully to avoid knocking other cups over.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many cups are there in Flip Cup?
In Flip Cup, also known as a popular team drinking game, the number of cups per team depends on the number of players. Generally, each player has one cup filled with their beverage of choice, typically a beer or other alcoholic drink. So if a team has 5 players, there will be 5 cups for that team. The game can be scaled up or down depending on the size of your party and the number of participants.
Who invented Flip Cup?
The origins of Flip Cup are somewhat unknown as it’s a beer drinking game that has been passed down through generations, much like Beer Pong and other similar games. However, it has become very popular in the United States, especially among college students. The formalized version of the game with established rules has likely developed over time through various iterations and modifications by countless team players over the years.
Could you hold your cup as you wait for your turn?
Cups that are not being flipped should remain unturned until your turn. You must put the cup back down if you pick it up too early or in error.
Flip Cup is an entertaining drinking game that’s perfect for large groups. This is an exciting and fun game that players of any skill level can enjoy. It’s a drinking game, and it is fun. But it also has a competitive aspect that makes it unique. You can win your next game with a bit of teamwork and practice.
Be sure to follow local laws regarding alcohol consumption. Enjoy the game and have fun with your friends.